The biggest nightmare I have had in going form Legacy 7.5 to Legacy 9 (I
skipped 8) has to be the issue of Legacy not converting Emdash code properly
in most instances.

I have been able to correct some with Search and Replace, but not the
majority.

The missed ones in Search and Replace are where the Emdash  did not have a
space before or after. For example, SMITH"emdash"JONES; or "emdash"SMITH

Since I know most instances come from a particular Master Source, did a Show
List for that source and came up with a list of nearly 1000 names. I made a
search list and tagged the names, and as I was going through the list
untagged when I had checked and if necessary corrected all the '97 to a
double ordinary dash.

I had gone through about 30 when I realised that the Marriage Notes were not
on the Individual I was looking at, so I have to start again. Can someone
please help my tired brain by suggesting a step by step plan of action.
Obviously I can't get through 1000 in one session, so it has to be a list
somewhere I can pick up and stop when I have the time and inclination.

If there are any users still on 7.5 who are considering updating to Legacy 8
or 9, especially if you use Trove in Australia for sources and notes - be
aware this will also happen to you. (Unless Legacy fixes the problem. I has
been in existence apparently since Legacy 8, so don't hold your breath.)

Jennifer