Thank you Cathy, you saved the day!

Indeed it was a missing story that caused the error and it would seem that
those numbers in parentheses are a clue to the Legacy location. (1, 18835)
The error occurs in my RIN #1 though I'm not sure about the 18835 as I do
not have that many stories in my file. But when I went to RIN #1 and tried
to open the story, I got my old familiar error message. I deleted the link
and then I was able to extract my family file from my master database with
no problems or errors.

Many Kudos Cathy !!!!

PS: if other list members have the same situation and get errors, here's a
little tip: When you go to back up the extracted file be sure to close the
other file or you will get "Backup Error 527" Close the master or larger
file and it will go without incident.

murf