​​

Geoff and others have made it quite clear that they will not rewrite Legacy
in another programming language.  Having over 20 years experience in
software engineering and having interacted with product managers that is
perfectly understandable.

I can't say to what level Millennia has explored using third party vendors'
tools to provide Unicode support since I don't have access to their code or
business structure.  My understanding is that VB6 stores characters in
Unicode but before it manipulates or displays them it converts to ANSI.
That is where CyberActiveX and Hexagora comes in.  They provide source code
and tools to do this.  Their sotware should be well tested because
international companies such as IBM, Toshiba, Siemens, etc. are using it.
Both companies seem eager to help integrate their software and support it.
Given that even this undertaking is not trivial.

In the end Millennia doesn't owe us an explanation but I think we deserve a
more accurate reason than Legacy would need to be rewritten from scratch.

Brian

On Sat, Aug 5, 2017 at 7:51 AM, JoAnne Flynn [Masked] <