Unicode is a standard for storing, manipulating, and displaying text for
almost all languages.  ANSI only covers some languages.

Why is Unicode important?  Without it we can't accurately enter most
languages' characters, store them, and display them.  For example none of
the Japanese characters can be entered.  Therefore, anyone who has
ancestors that are Japanese can't enter the correct information for those
ancestors.  I can't even begin to think of a workaround for this except
maybe transliteration.  In my book that's not acceptable.

Personally, my wife has Eastern European ancestors.  Without Unicode I
haven't been able to enter certain characters correctly for their names,
birth locations, baptism locations, etc.  I have a workaround but it's
terrible.  I'm concerned that if I share that part of my database that
others will not recognize this and leave the workaround explanation out.
Who wants to purposely perpetuate wrong information?  So I don't share my
database with others.  Hence my and other's research suffers.

Brian

On Sun, Aug 6, 2017 at 11:42 AM, Jon Patton [Masked] <