Thanks for your reply. I created a folder C:\Legacydata and copied all data
files there. So far so good.

I then opened a file, created a descendant report and attempted to save it
as a pdf - now that doesn't work. Not saving to Legacydata. It wants to
save to ThisPC>Document>LegacyFamilyTree>Data (or four other choices.

Is there a setting in Options/Customize I missed?
Tom