A long time ago, something similar was done to me by a My Heritage
subscription. They used every dirty trick in the book. I live in Australia
where there are no laws protecting people from vile companies like My
Heritage who use “Dark Patterns” tricks etc. They own Legacy, so perhaps
they are now starting to also dupe Legacy users who live in countries with
weak consumer protection laws.

John