From the lack of response can I assume that no action will be taken in this
area? Are GEDCOM export bugs not fixed to make it harder to leave Legacy?

From: Glen Carreras
To: LegacyUserGroup@mail.millenniacorp.com
Subject: Re: [LegacyUG] LAT and LONG (PLAC vs ADDR)
Date: Mon, 29 May 2006 19:53:31 -0400

Thganks for the respons. I don´t know how I didn´t catch one of your posts in the archives.

Anyway, I think it´s nice in a way that the ADDR tags have the MAP data because it allows you to use a more granular description of the place if you happen to have more accurate coordinates. But really... I´m just lazy and don´t want to have to enter all those darned addresses by hand :) So exporting them with the PLAC tag makes a lot more sense to me. The GEDCOM 5.5.1 spec seems to imply that is where they belong, at least that´s the way that I read it.

L Rutker wrote:
Glen,
Nice to see that I am not the only one who ran into this issue. I posted about this earlier this month at
http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@mail.millenniacorp.com/msg63898.html

and followed up with clarification at
http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@mail.millenniacorp.com/msg63900.html

with an additional follow up at
http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@mail.millenniacorp.com/msg64048.html

The only response from the company was in the reply by Brian from Millenia at
http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@mail.millenniacorp.com/msg64062.html

but he did not answer the question. I followed up with a reply at
http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@mail.millenniacorp.com/msg64162.html

but never heared back. Like yourself I am interested in valid GEDCOM 5.5.1 export (My interest is also for exporting to PhpGedView) and as clarified in the links above, there should be no reason to not export this data in a valid way, but sadly this is not the case.

Enter the drawing for a FREE Legacy Cruise to Alaska or a FREE research trip to Salt Lake's Family History Library. Open to users of Legacy 6 Deluxe. Enter online at http://legacyfamilytree.com/FreeTrip.asp

Legacy User Group guidelines can be found at: http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com/Etiquette.asp

To find past messages, please go to our searchable archives at: http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup%40mail.millenniacorp.com/

For online technical support, please visit http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/Help.asp