Lou,

I just tested both Version 5 and 6 and they do include the MAP tag within the custom tag _PLAC_DEFN. This is included if you select Legacy as the destination of your GEDCOM. If you select Gedcom 5.5 Only then the only Custom tag included by default is the _UID but the custom _PLAC_DEFN tag can be added to the export.

Here is a sample from one of the places in my file.

0 _PLAC_DEFN
1 PLAC Bremerton, WA, USA
2 ABBR Bremerton, Kitsap, WA, USA
2 MAP
3 LATI N47.5675
3 LONG W122.631388888889
2 _VERI Y

I noticed, when I checked your question in the Archives, that you specified the MAP tag as level 3 with the lat/long as level 4. Was there a reason why you want the MAP tag at that level? If so you will be disappointed. Legacy uses Level 2 and 3 in the custom _Plac_Defn tag for the Map tag and lat/long. Maybe that is why you asserted that Version 5 does not export the MAP tag.

Brian
Customer Support
Millennia Corporation
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.LegacyFamilyTree.com

We are changing the world of genealogy!

When replying to this message, please include all previous correspondence.
Thanks.

L Rutker wrote:
A week ago I posted a number of Questions that are key to me for an upgrade to 6.0 deluxe. There were no answers to the posts besides some clarifications that I made to my own posts. Can anyone from Millennia or other source please answer the questions? They are in regard to GEDCOM export and UTF-8 support within Legacy 6.0 (I know that I can export UTF-8, but 5.0 does not support it for data entry)
They can be found at
http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@mail.millenniacorp.com/msg63899.html (Native UTF-8 in Legacy 6.0?) http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@mail.millenniacorp.com/msg63898.html (Legacy GEDCOM Export MAP (LONG/LATI)) http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup@mail.millenniacorp.com/msg63897.html (Legacy GEDCOM Export SSN)

Thanks in advance

Lou

Enter the drawing for a FREE Legacy Cruise to Alaska or a FREE research trip to
Salt Lake's Family History Library. Open to users of Legacy 6 Deluxe. Enter
online at http://legacyfamilytree.com/FreeTrip.asp

http://www.mail-archive.com/legacyusergroup%40mail.millenniacorp.com/

http://www.legacyfamilytree.com/Help.asp