Hi,

On Sat, 28 Jul 2012 01:23:00 +0200
Tobias Knerr <o...@tobias-knerr.de> wrote:
> Not dropping CC-BY-SA would send the signal that

... everything that has been said about CC-BY-SA not sufficiently
protecting our data was rubbish, and that we are happy with every user
choosing whichever is the "weaker" license for their particular purpose.

Even if you should think that CC-BY-SA is just as good as ODbL, you can
hardly expect OSMF to concede that! It would essentially mean that all
the problems we had with the license change were only created to be
able to offer an *additional* license, ODbL, thereby providing more
choice the downstream users. That would hardly have been a sufficient
reason.