Hi,

My understanding (emphases are mine):

“*Contents*” – The contents of this Database, which includes the
> information, independent works, or other material collected into the
> Database. For example, the contents of the Database could be factual data
> or works such as *images*, audiovisual material, text, or sounds.

“*Produced Work*” – a work (such as an *image*, audiovisual material, text,
> or sounds) resulting from using the *whole or a Substantial part of the
> Contents* (via a search or other query) from this Database, a Derivative
> Database, or this Database as part of a Collective Database.

4.3 Notice for using output (Contents). Creating and Using a Produced Work
> does not require the notice in Section 4.2. However, if you Publicly Use a
> Produced Work, You must include a notice associated with the Produced Work
> reasonably calculated to make any Person that uses, views, accesses,
> interacts with, or is otherwise exposed to the Produced Work aware that
> *Content
> *was obtained from the Database, Derivative Database, or the Database as
> part of a Collective Database, *and that it is available under this
> License*.

> 4.8 Licensing of others. You may not sublicense the Database. Each time
> You communicate the Database, *the whole or Substantial part of the
> Contents*, or any Derivative Database to anyone else in any way, *the
> Licensor offers to the recipient a license to the Database on the same
> terms and conditions as this License*. *You are not responsible for
> enforcing compliance by third parties with this License*, but You may
> enforce any rights that You have over a Derivative Database. You are solely
> responsible for any modifications of a Derivative Database made by You or
> another Person at Your direction. *You may not impose any further
> restrictions on the exercise of the rights granted or affirmed under this
> License*.

If I read these articles correctly, then the Produced Work obtained from
ODbL-licensed Database must be licensed under the ODbL license (once you
publicly use the Produced Work). But it's not your responsibility to
enforce the license on 3rd parties that use your Produced Work.

Igor