Hi Igor,

exactly in those areas I have a problem of understanding the OSM license :)

> If you store the elevation data in the original grid-based form

No, as explained, I do intent to calculate edge weights based on OSM and
elevation data. Is this a trivial change?

And then I "store" this mixed weights in-memory but this is only a
configuration to make it storing on disc. And would it make a
difference? I read somewhere that "storing" could be also in-memory with
the rise of NoSQL databases this makes indeed sense ...

> Except, of course, if you intend to offer the routing as some kind of
high-availability web service
> which would allow somebody to reconstruct the original elevation data
using web scraping.

What did you mean here? This would make a difference for the elevation
provider license not for the OSM license (?)

> Of course, all of this also depends on you getting the
approval/agreement from the CGIAR data owner
> to use the elevation data for commercial purposes.

Of course, but I think this would be another issue. I would like to
understand the OSM implications first :) !

Regards,
Peter.