Hi,

On 07/11/2014 04:41 PM, Michal Palenik wrote:
> so wording "As Geocodes are a Produced Work, they do not trigger the
> share-alike clauses of the ODbL. " is totally against section 4.6.

This was something that we often discussed during the license change -
what if somebody uses produced works to build a database that
essentially is a substantial extract of OSM?

We agreed (and I believe even had legal counsel on that issue), that no
matter what license a produced work is under, making a database from
repeatedly produced works *will* trigger ODbL. Else someone could
essentially trace a non-ODbL OSM from tiles just because the tiles are
produced works.

I've added a paragraph to the proposal saying that we should make this
explicit when talking about a geocoding guideline, to avoid
misunderstandings.

I'm not sure but I think some of the use cases quoted on the page are
essentially such misunderstandings, unless of course they are not
substantial.