On 2014-07-15 4:26 AM, Mikel Maron wrote:

As long as the purpose of a geocoder is geocoding, and not reverse engineering OSM,
then it sensibly fits within the notions of an ODbL produced work.
A geocoder isn't a produced work or a derived database - it's software. Do you mean a geocoding result, or a database of geocoding results?

What I wonder is how we will move to decision making on the proposal? What's the OSMF process?
First we need to wait for discussion to be settled. After that, it'd be the same process as the other guidelines - to LWG for review, then the board.

Also, everyone should remember the guidelines are on the wiki right now, so don't be afraid to edit the body of them, not just add examples.