> Let's not kid ourselves here. The overwhelming number of commercial OSM
users are not driven by a motivation to help us, but by a motivation to
save money (or perhaps a motivation to escape a monopolist's clutch but
that boils down to the same).

Frederik, saving money is not the point, it's all about having great data
that is supported by a community. Every day I'm talking to commercial
companies interested in _paying_ Mapbox because they truly believe we have
the best map (power by OpenStreetMap), and the people at these companies
believe in a future of open data where the map continues to grow thanks to
being open. Mapbox is working with companies from foursquare to Pinterest
to the Financial Times to VK.com (https://www.mapbox.com/showcase). These
few sites alone are used by hundreds of millions of people looking at
beautiful OpenStreetMap data, and location and thus the map, is critical
for each app. Accuracy is what matters, not skimping on a few $. We have
dozens of large companies like this that would love to more tightly
integrate their internal data with OSM via goecoding, but because of
unclear guidelines are blocked.