> Gesendet: Dienstag, 17. Dezember 2019 um 01:00 Uhr
> Von: "Martin Koppenhoefer" <dieterdre...@gmail.com>
>
> it will contain a lot of postcode information from the original OpenStreetMap
> database,
> in adapted/translated form. Whether the amount is sufficient to be considered
> substantial
> will have to be evaluated based on the actual db that is created/the actual
> numbers.
> To create an accurate postcode polygon from point features you will need a
> lot of them,
> so probably already a handful of them would be considered substantial.

There are 5,650,789,072 nodes in OSM database. But the EU database directive
wants to
protect the investment (in money). If it was damn hard to collect the nodes
belonging
to the postcodes, only a few thousand nodes might be more substantial.

I think, that's a moralistic point of view. I'll neither collect a substantial
part
of the whole OSM database, nor you could proof that there was big investment
made to
collect the data. Since the users are working for free, the only investment are
the
servers.

Like I said, that's a moralistic point of view.

I've got an offer today to get the data for about 3,500 Euro. This allows me to
select
the data and even publish the postal code and the merged postal geometries with
attribution.
It's another non-free dataset, but it solves my problem.