On Wed, 5 Mar 2008 08:26:04 -0800 (PST)
"Edward K. Ream" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I suspect recent Python/Tkinter bugs are causing the X crash.  Really,
> this kind of crash should never arise with normal Python bugs.

Oddly enough I have a similar issue.  I'm getting seg. faults and
sometimes "STACK: Stack after current is in use" when trying to load
non-trivial leo files with my python 2.5.1 install which is supposed to
be using Tk 8.4.x.  However gdb reports the crash is occurring
in /usr/local/lib/libTk8.5.1 (approx.) so I think my installation of Tk
8.5.1 had tainted the system default install of tkinter somehow.

Using my python 2.5.2 install which is supposed to be using Tk
8.5.1 everything works perfectly, in fact better than perfect, it's
anti-aliased :-)