On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 10:01 PM, Terry Brown <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > My experience shows why Linux is not exactly taking the world by
> > storm.
>
> Heh, I think the reasons may be a little more various and complicated
> than that.

It wasn't the source install that wiped gnome. Dis-installing python2.5,
even with python2.4 around, will do the same thing.  So at present I know of
no way to remove python2.5 without taking gnome with it. I wonder if this is
a bug in the python2.5 package...

Don't worry, I'm not going to give up on Linux.  Like any other OS, there
are certain things that one learns not to do.  Like moving or renaming
anything in the Windows directory :-)