On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 8:46 PM, Edward K. Ream <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  > I think that setuptools is a much better bet:
>  >
>  > http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/setuptools
>
>  Thanks for this reminder.  I've looked at it in the past and it looked
>  good.
>
>  But then, don't users have to install setuptools first?

Yes; however, requiring setuptools is quite normal in python world
these days (and ez_setup.py bootstrap script makes it trivial). It
should be ok to require setuptools for installation-as-package; people
who don't want to do that can run the source distribution created by
"bzr export" directly.

>  > leo.src.leo.start() # EKR: should be leo.src.leo.run()
>
>  leo.src.leo.run() fails: g.app isn't defined in the plugins.  No doubt
>  this is a subtle import problem.  At least I'm debugging my own
>  code :-)

Yeah, that's usually the right place to start ;-)

>  I think your suggestion to change leo/src to leo/core is a good one.
>  I suspect, though, that making Leo into a proper package, with 'core'
>  and 'plugins' (etc.) subpackages, probably should wait until 4.4.8
>  final.  Would that be a hardship for you, Ville?

Not at all. The IPython embedding use case is easily solved by doing
an ipython macro (as I described in the docs), so this can take the
time it needs.