On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 7:06 PM, Edward K. Ream <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I know *for sure* that this architecture minimize the work that must
> be done.  I've created 3 or 4 guis for Leo, and this organization is
> clean.  All you have to do is reimplement the gui subclasses.

Now that I took a look at it, it doesn't seem too terrible. I guess
what freaked me out was the low level stuff in leoTkInterTree.py.

> 1. Creating the frame and its sub-frames so they work smoothly.

Why is this hard? Can't I just slap a tree, text body and and log
window on GUI and then connect it to my own "forwarder" classes (that
inherit from Leo's base classes)?

> 2. Handling clones and events in the tree widget.

Why does the tree widget know about the clones in the first place?
Isn't clone just a position with different icon?

> 3. Handling key events.

That can be ignored in the beginning, I think. The idea is to get
bootstrapped quickly, so there is something you can click around (in
usable fashion).

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio