On Tue, Sep 30, 2008 at 10:13 PM, Ville M. Vainio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This brings up an interesting issue - in Qt mvc approach, the view
> (QTreeView) queries the model (QAbstractItemModel - eventually the
> LeoTreeModel) for data to draw. I.e. it asks the model for something
> like "give me the icon for child #4 of node #121" when it needs to
> draw it. How does this map to leo?

My guess for this would be - there is very little to be implemented
for the tree view. In writing the LeoTreeViewModel, you can pretty
much map it directly to leo controller, but have to know when to call
beginInsertRows / endInsertRows etc (answer - when vnodes are being
added). Is it easy to get callbacks from leo model, along the lines of
"vnode v1 child #3 was added"?

The API to implement to get full model functionality is not too big:

http://www.potu.com/man/doc.trolltech.com/4.0/qabstractitemmodel.html

Of course we might be lazy and just use QTreeWidget (as I did in
qleolite), especially if we forego lazy loading of tree structure for
now... which may not be a good idea, considering the eventual
possibilty of doing it someday...

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio