On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 1:36 AM, Edward K. Ream <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> whole tree, or at least the visible part of the tree.  Consider:
> because clones can contain clones, any change to a tree can cause
> *arbitrarily many* changes throughout the tree.  In the face of this
> fact, it becomes extremely difficult to understand how to create
> meaningful hints about the relationship between the present tree (the
> tree to be drawn) and the previous tree (the tree that exists in the
> tree widget and is about to be replaced).  In fact, Leo's core
> provides no such hints.

In my qleolite solution, I just have a dict that maps vnodes to GUI
widgets. If leo can give the gui callbacks like:

vnode_deleted(v)
child_created(v, idx)

It's easy to find the corresponding treewidgetitem and remove it from
tree. The same goes for adding items.

It might be better (and faster!) to silently ignore redraw_now, the
tree is being kept up to date at all times. I think this will produce
a generally snappier experience as well. Of course a full_redraw
feature is needed occasionally (though I'm not sure when - it might be
faster to use it at startup at least).

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio