On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Edward K. Ream <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hmm.  My *guess*, and you might call it more like a hunch, is that the
> only place that this could be done are in the low-level *position*
> methods:

Great - having an "only place" is always good.

> @thin leoNodes.py-->class position-->p.Moving, Inserting, Deleting,
> Cloning, Sorting
> @thin leoNodes.py-->class position-->p.moveToX
> @thin leoNodes.py-->class position-->p.Low level methods
>
> I know this seems very strange.  Let me give you some background.

It doesn't seem strange at all. Now, if we add code that emits signals
whenever a vnode is created, deleted or moved (to child number N of
vnode v), we can pretty much hack qleolite to modify the tree in real
time, as instructed by the engine (leoBridge).

Note that I still think using leoBridge is the best way to reach a
state where we have a prototype *you can use* as quickly as possible
(i.e. without having to support everything from get-go). After that,
we can focus on stuff like turning keyboard events to leo commands,
adding a minibuffer, ...

(or perhaps the minibuffer should be one of the first things to add,
for testing purposes)

--
Ville M. Vainio
http://tinyurl.com/vainio