Dear Edward,

if you want to increase the user base, there are 2 user groups I could
think of:

the ones using all these different editors will be often also people
using LaTeX, and so far I find TeX support is a bit weak. I wish TeX
support would be similar to ReST support, although there is an added
complexity when implementing @auto for TeX, because LaTeX users tend
to split up the source code into muliple files using \input, and that
would somehow need to be mapped sensibly to the representation in Leo
(probably using <<inputfile>> or so). If I ever find the time I will
work on this, but I am too busy to promise anything.

The second group are those who are using lots of non-text files, e.g.
MS Office or similar, CAD tools, etc. These would benefit of a good
integration of binary files. For example, when dragging a binary file
to Leo, it should not attempt to create an @edit or @auto node, but an
@mime node (needs the mime plugin). Alteratively an @url node would
work. Note: I think this should result in a RELATIVE link. In my
opinion, Leo should provide a way to specify what is a binary file and
what is not, as this would be more portable, and also because I can
immediately think of files which I want my system to treat differently
as Leo does: TaskJuggler project files for example. I want Leo to open
these as text (@edit or @file), but the OS should open these with the
TaskJuggler program. The same should also work for the active_path
plugin, which currently allows to specify only one type of default
file directive, but it would be better to be able to specify the file
directive per file type.

Btw: I have just used Leo as a project management tool, handling a
couple of hundred LaTeX, TaskJuggler, Excel, JPEG, PDF files  and (ad
hoc) Python scripts to generate with a team of 5-6 people a 600 page
proposal. I could not have done it without Leo.

- Josef