A couple of month ago, when I picked up Leo again after a long break,
I also had a look at Treeline (http://treeline.bellz.org), which has
at first sight a striking resemblance with Leo, and there is quite an
overlap in purpose.

Clearly, Treeline is not intended as a general purpose editor and
offers much less features than Leo. The Treeline output is mainly
HTML, it offers no plain text output, nor has it clones (but links).
But Treeline offers a very nice user interface due to its use of
forms, which are easily customised. I wish Leo would offer a similar
feature. Perhaps this could be a really interesting plugin. Since
Treeline is also written in PyQt it may even be possible to borrow
some code.

Adding Treeline style forms would make Leo stronger as a database, and
hence interesting to a larger audience. Unfortunately I doubt I will
ever find the time to implement such a plug-in, so I would be
delighted, if someone else would pick this up.

- Josef