On Apr 1, 6:34 am, "Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Unless [there are technical objections] my plan is to merge both into Leo's
> core.

Creating a new core file, say leoIPython.py will allow us to keep
ipy_leo.py and ipython.py unchanged during development of the new
IPython support code.  The old code will continue to work with legacy
versions of IPython.  That's likely to be useful.

So the plan is to move the new code into leoIPython.py, and then
revert ipy_leo.py and ipython.py before pushing the new code.

Hmm.  Perhaps Leo will need a --legacy_ipython command-line arg to
make this scheme work...I'm not sure that's going to be useful, but
for now I do want to keep the old support files unchanged.