On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 12:20 PM, Viktor Ransmayr <viktor.ransm...@gmail.com
> wrote:

Imo, this shows that using git is the way to go :-)  It's easier for users
>> and it's a whole lot easier for me...
>>

> I do not have a personal problem with this approach. But at least IMO,
> let's tell the users - and - not release stuff/ variants that is not
> intended to be supported ...

​If I understand correctly, you were suggesting in your original post that
Leo should more fully automate the installation process.  That's a
reasonable goal. However, the steps you took were idiosyncratic and
unnecessary.

Part of my testing for each release is the following:

- Run the single-click installer.
- Test the desktop icon by double clicking it.
- cd into the newly-installed leo folder and run all unit tests from that
folder.

This works for me, which shows that no further action is required after
running the single click installer.

Imo, the present installer is good enough, except perhaps for Windows 8.1
issues. As usual, all patches gratefully accepted ;-)