​​
​On Mon, Mar 30, 2015 at 5:43 AM, Viktor Ransmayr <viktor.ransm...@gmail.com
> wrote:

​> ​
I did mix my intent to upgrade from Python 3.3 to 3.4 with trying out the
latest version of Leo.

​> ​
However I would not call deleting directory "~\Leo\" idiosyncratic, if
someone is interested in starting from the 'total newbie' experience/ state

​For the purposes of *this* discussion, let's define a **total newbie**  as
someone who has never used Leo and wants to try it.

I think you and I agree that it's very important that total newbies have a
good experience.  A total newbie must use up to three single-click
installers:

1. (If required) Install Python.
2. (If required) Install PyQt, with a version matching the Python version.
3. (Required) Install Leo.

We have not gotten significant complaints from newbies, about either
installation or documentation ever since the video tutorials were added.
This indicates that newbies are having a fairly easy time installing Leo.

Furthermore, recent changes to:

http://leoeditor.com/installing.html#dependencies and
http://leoeditor.com/installing.html#installing-packages

should help newbies find the various
​​
installers more easily.

​In short, I'm happy.

This discussion has been valuable.  Terry Brown's comments about not needed
to use git branches apply:

QQQ
The difference between the proposed "stable master" above and just pulling
"(current) master from two weeks ago", is that "two weeks ago" says nothing
about issues or their absence, where the consciously synced develop ->
master would be a statement "here's a recent point on trunk with no known
issues".
QQQ

Leo's web site should have a new page, called something like "Why you
should use git to get stable official releases".  Leo's download page,
release notes and other announcements​ will link to this page prominently.

To make this work, we only have to put a git tag on official releases, but
that's already part of the release process.

The only downside is that the SourceForge site gives download statistics
and afaik github does not.