Hello Edward

Am Montag, 30. März 2015 09:05:15 UTC+2 schrieb Edward K. Ream:

> On Sun, Mar 29, 2015 at 12:20 PM, Viktor Ransmayr <viktor....@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> Imo, this shows that using git is the way to go :-)  It's easier for users
>>> and it's a whole lot easier for me...
>>>

>> I do not have a personal problem with this approach. But at least IMO,
>> let's tell the users - and - not release stuff/ variants that is not
>> intended to be supported ...
>>

> ​If I understand correctly, you were suggesting in your original post that
> Leo should more fully automate the installation process.  That's a
> reasonable goal. However, the steps you took were idiosyncratic and
> unnecessary.

Correct, I did mix my intent to upgrade from Python 3.3 to 3.4 with trying
out the latest version of Leo.

However I would not call deleting directory "~\Leo\" idiosyncratic, if
someone is interested in starting from the 'total newbie' experience/ state

> Part of my testing for each release is the following:
>
> - Run the single-click installer.
> - Test the desktop icon by double clicking it.
> - cd into the newly-installed leo folder and run all unit tests from that
> folder.
>
> This works for me, which shows that no further action is required after
> running the single click installer.
>
> Imo, the present installer is good enough, except perhaps for Windows 8.1
> issues. As usual, all patches gratefully accepted ;-)

I can only confirm that "LeoSetup-5.1-b1.exe" does have an issue on Windows
8.1, since I re-did what I reported yesterday with the identical results.

At the moment I did not investigate any further yet ...

With kind regards,

Viktor