​​
​​On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 4:04 AM, <reinhard.engel...@googlemail.com> wrote:

​> ​
Forget the decorator!

​:-)​

The per-class (per-module) decorators in Leo's code do work, they are
defined before the class to which they apply and the decorators themselves
appear before what *looks *to be a method.

We now both agree that no single g.cmd decorator can do the job, but
defining per-class decorators in the various leo/commands/*.py files is
more elegant than the old publicCommands tables. g.new_cmd_decorator and
its helper, g.ivars2instance, make defining per-class cmd decorators easy.

Edward

P.S. As I write this, I see that decorators can never use
g.cmd_instance_dict.  However, this dict may have other uses, so it will be
retained, along with its permanent unit test, g.check_cmd_instance_dict.

EKR