A list of possible completions sounds like a good idea. It provides for
more exploration (something I think we're trying to foster for new users)
than tab simple completion. I use this in my quick-replace plugin for
"favorites" where you can type in anything and it will look for a match in
either the description, search or replace string. I've implemented mine
with a pure python "search in string" loop but I imagine this could be made
extremely robust using a library like FuzzyWuzzy.

For anyone reading... it may seem like this train of thought is "let's make
Leo like sublime text". I would like to assure anyone thinking that that I
do not believe this to be the case. There are many good ideas that other
editors have implemented that the text editor community really likes and
some features have come to be viewed as "standard". It's not a step down in
any way for Leo to implement these features, it only stands to make Leo
more awesome and more useful and more friendly.