Kent Tenney wrote:

Given Leo's programmability and vast number of plugins, it is really
> a platform for building things, and a learning curve is involved.
> Getting it installed correctly and painlessly is required but doesn't
> help in understanding what power is available.

See, VM and "installing" are concept which don't work together.
A VM is a complete environment, not a single programm you integrate easily
into your own environment and workflow.

If you want a well defined environment which goes beyond a
default-installation, then yeah,
a VM would be a good solution for *demonstrating* things. But this still
involves more work
then "one-click-installation". Meaning, it's an entriely different problem.

The configured environment of a VM could allow folks to immediately
> get a better idea lf what is capable. I'd love to see some of Terry's
> custom work available as a Leo file in a VM,

What external things do they involve? Databases? Servers? Other
applications?
In this case it would make sense to use a VM for demonstration.
But considering the work involved in setting things up, having a
premade VM does not reduce much of the work for the persons
demonstrating their works.

I don't particularly like VMs, but I don't know a better way to introduce
> and explain Leo.

Well, Apps on mobile plattforms have often some kind of guided or
semi-interactive tutorial.
It's mostly a overlay of pictures which point where you should 'click' to
get this or that, or they
lead you to some predefined scenario to teach the basics.

And then there is also vim with it's widely loved "vimtutor".

And lately there is a growing trend of live-coding. People doing their
normal work, capturing
and streaming that to a platform, while parallel people can comment and ask
for things via chat.

Maybe some Leonidas are interessted in staging some session from time to
time.