A couple of comments from a Python on Windows programmer:

 * pip works well on Windows -- I do a lot of Python programming, and
   have never had a problem installing packages using pip

 * I've generally had success using PyInstaller to create distributable
   executables.  It's not easy, though, to get the installer script
   right.  (This refers to release 2.1; I noticed recently that they're
   up to 3.0.)  Last time I looked, the newsgroup was active, so you
   might be able to get help from them.

--

Don Dwiggins
Advanced Publishing Technology