On Tue, 18 Oct 2016 08:34:21 -0500
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > If you use the hash, you need to know if it's a hash for a system
> > with or without .git, because in one case it's a preceding hash,
> > and in the other it's the current hash.
> ​No.  Commit hooks are always for systems with git.​

What I meant was that it would be confusing to sometimes report, at the
top of the log pane, the preceding commit hash, and sometimes report the
current commit hash depending on whether .git was available.

Technical point, my recollection when the system was first developed
was that best practice was to use bash for hooks.  Of course anyone
developing Leo has Python on their system somewhere, but not
necessarily on the path, whereas git, even on Windows, executes hooks
in bash.

Cheers -Terry