On Tuesday, October 18, 2016 at 11:10:37 AM UTC-5, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> Not if it can't run in the first place, because python.exe isn't already
in the path!

As of 1b9c80e leo/extensions contains both pre-commit.sh and pre-commit.py.

Both files contain warnings that the actual hook (in leo-editor/.git/hooks)
must be be called pre-commit, *without* any file extension.  For me, this
was the sticking point, not path issues.

B1 can go out the door once I ensure that legacy hooks (the .sh file) work
with the latest code in leoVersion.py.