On Sunday, July 16, 2017 at 8:21:40 PM UTC+2, Terry Brown wrote:

> P.S meant to say that apart from preserving the API I see no issues with
> switching the cache backend, unless some one was using pickleshare directly
> to access it outside Leo, seems unlikely.
>
> Yes, that is what I assumed also. In fact, I have introduced one global
switch in leoCacher.py and according to that switch Cacher object will
create either PickleShareDB (as it is doing now) or SqlitePickleShare which
I am currently writing. SqlitePickleShare should be complete replacement
for PickleShareDB with same public API. So even if someone was using
directly PickleShareDB, should not be able to notice any difference. The
only noticeable difference will be in file system. SqlitePickleShare will
use one file while PickleShareDB was creating and deleting many files in
one folder.

Vitalije