On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 12:29 PM, vitalije <vitali...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Having said that, my earlier recommendation than one should avoid
> switching branches in same folder is not valid any more.

​That's great news.​

I still don't know if leoCache was responsible for all those problems, or
> perhaps new-read solved some problems elsewhere that Edward had noticed,
> and problems that I have noticed were caused only by sqlite-leo bug.

​For sure there are serious problems without the new-read code.​

We shall see. If creating recovered nodes when switching branches is still
> happening in master branch, then most probably problems come from cache.

​
The recovered nodes are *not* a sign of problems (any more).  They could be
called a courtesy--a note that code is different in the new branch from the
previous branch.

The acid test is to save all files (write-at-file-nodes) after switching
branches.  Any changed file is a serious error.

​

> One way or the other, sqlite-leo doesn't use leoCacher anymore to look for
> files and as a result all problems with switching branches disappeared.

​Cool!
​

> In the past, leoCache.py was a great addition, but I'm starting to think
>> it may be nearing the end of it's useful life.  I am willing to consider
>> replacing it with sqlite code.
>>

> If you agree I can write new version of Cacher that uses sqlite db as
> backend and stores all cache values in one file. This can be convenient
> especially for debugging purposes.

​Please give it a go.  I would like to experiment with it.
​

> If ever cache is suspected to be source of problem, it would be easy to
> rename database file or just table inside database which would have same
> effect as deleting cache folder. However, it gives much more flexibility in
> querying which cache record is actually problematic and extracting it for
> further investigation or use in unit tests.

​Thanks for all this. These are exciting times.