Hello,

It's amusing that you're talking about improving the vr-pane when I've just
run into
the problem of not being able to play movies in Leo. I've covered that in
another post.

Anyway, what you've said sounds good to me, except for "DAG" which I'm
guessing
stands for (d)irected (a)cyclic (g)raph - there are 38 definitions for that
acronym in the
Free Dictionary. Okay, I had to look it up since you mentioned it on this
line of your
post:

   * - "Leo's DOM (outline DAG) and API (programming interface)."*

Definition: A *DAG* is a *data structure* from computer science which can
be used to
model a wide variety of problems. The *DAG* consists of the following
elements: Nodes.
Each node represents some object or piece of *data*.

A little more 'generic' than I expected, but interesting.

*    - It should be possible to do better than jupyter/ipython in several
ways.  Forexample, instead of ipython's numbered in/out cells, we could use
descriptive strings:*
Descriptive strings for rendering would be excellent, so far as I know,
although I
then wonder how rendering multiple nodes concurrently would work.

    -
*2. Leo's valuespace plugin already provides live, ipython-like objects.*

I have been ignoring the valuespace plugin, but not now - I didn't know it
had that
capability.

*    - Better visualization of attributes, the "hidden" part of Leo nodes.*

I fully agree that this goal is desirable, although I would have to guess
how
something like that would work in practice.

Thanks for your thoughts - I like to know where things are headed.

tsc