On Sun, 4 Feb 2018 09:31:15 -0800 (PST)
"Edward K. Ream" <edream...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am considering using Anaconda because of an annoying problem.
> Starting a new console starts off in the *default* miniconda
> environment.  Alas, activate python3, which at present gets done
> automatically when opening a new console, takes about two seconds.
> This delay quickly becomes unbearable.

Hmm, I guess I rarely close terminal sessions, so this wouldn't be an
issue for me.  I Windows I'm using the bash shell that comes with git.
The version I'm using is a couple of years old, so the current one
might be better, but it has some annoying incompatibilities, although
not as annoying as Window's cmd ;-)

Cheers -Terry