On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 8:15:12 AM UTC-6, Terry Brown wrote:

p.s. just realized that the Atom text editor is based on Electron (doh).
>  So that speaks well for what can be done with Electron building desktop
> apps.

Yes.  It's impressive.

> I'm not finding the Atom text  editor running in a browser, although I see
> some initiatives to get that to happen.  Which re-enforces my concern that
> Electron isn't really addressing the over the network in a browser truly
> zero install Leo which to me is the point of an HTML based interface.

I called this thread "Making LeoVue a desktop app" to emphasize that
installing LeoVue *would *still be required. Afaik, a zero-install Leo is
out of reach.  IPython and Jupyter require desktop installation.  That
seems like a reasonable approach.