On Wed, 7 Feb 2018 03:41:49 -0800 (PST)
Joe Orr <joe....@gmail.com> wrote:

> A web based version of Leo would be an entirely new category of app.
> I'm sure it would be cool but I'm not sure what exactly it would be.
> How does the file diff feature fit in here? Certainly you could make
> a node + web outiner that would allow creation of cloned outlines,
> collaboration on tree creation, put everything in mongo etc. This
> would be a different tool than Leo tho.

True, a javascript version of Leo would be a different beast.  My
thought is Python running Leo somewhere, and a javascript UI app.
communicating with that via AJAX or web streams or whatever.  It's
still not clear to me that electron really facilitates this - it seems
if the effort to make a new read/write browser UI is going to be made
it would be a shame to go with something that still needs to be
downloaded and installed.  I understand Vitalije's point about local
filesystem access, but don't think that's so critical, the Google
Docs. / Microsoft online apps. manage fine with that constraint.