On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 1:58:57 AM UTC-6, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> *Comparing documentation is still hard*
>
> ...Documentation can only be evaluated by looking at the entire outline.
> Diffs just fragment the "viewing experience".  So you could say that, *for
> documentation only*, the operation was a success, but the patient died :-)

Actually, the diff-and-open-leo-files command *is* useful for comparing
different versions of *anything*, including documentation.

A trick: It's important to diff "throwaway" copies of each file.  This
allows you to change the compared files in whatever ways are helpful, so
that you can focus on what's important and ignore everything else.

When comparing Matt's files I did the following:

1. I cloned the tree "@rst html/installing.html" in each file and moved it
to the last top-level node, for easy viewing.

2. I deleted added nodes that I didn't care about, or just deleted
add/changed/deleted nodes in the diff lists for such nodes.

When I was done, both the diff lists and the actual .leo files were
useful.  They clearly showed what had been inserted, deleted and changed.

The only task that remained was choosing what words to use ;-) Still not
done with that.