On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 11:09 AM, Terry Brown <terrynbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 2. Using error/info would be just plain wrong. Error and info mean
> > *nothing* in Leo. Yes, various error/warning/info methods exist, but
> > they use tk/solarized colors, and it is *those* colors that we have
> > to redirect.
>
> Maybe this would be a good time to fix the API then.  Log messages
> should clearly be tagged with semantic names like "error" or "warning",
> and not "blue", unless specifically for errors that make you feel
> morose :-)

‚ÄčImo, the way forward is to add error, info, warning to the list of colors
that can be redirected.

As you imply, we could change color="red" to color="error"/"warning" in
various places in Leo's core.  But for compatibility we must still support
the "hard" colors.

I have just added #788: Add support for themes
<https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/issues/788> for all this.