On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 2:19:03 PM UTC-6, Terry Brown wrote:

Looks like support for log_error_color, log_warning_color, and
> log_text_foreground_color was dropped here:
>

> https://github.com/leo-editor/leo-editor/commit/de0dcfa6c61#diff-e21cdd51aaf19b4a9e614b5f2ee9e97aL6129

Ah. Here we come to the crux.  It would be possible to add those hacks back
in, but the new way is actually clearer and more flexible:

   g.es(s, color='red') uses @color log_red_color
   g.es(s, color='warning') uses @color log_warning_color
   g.es(s, color='text_foreground') uses @color log_text_foreground_color
   g.es(s, color='tnb') uses @color log_tnb_color

Naturally, a default is used when a setting doesn't exist.

So the reason that the new scheme "ignores" a setting is that there is no
call to that "color".  But that's not my problem ;-)