Using backspace or delete to clear the contents of the find dialogue
of the selected words produces the traceback:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/chris/leo-editor/leo/plugins/qt_frame.py", line 813, in wrapper
    return self.keyPress(event)
  File "/home/chris/leo-editor/leo/plugins/qt_frame.py", line 848, in keyPress
    stroke = ef.toStroke(tkKey, ch) # ch not used.
TypeError: toStroke() takes 2 positional arguments but 3 were given
/home/chris/leod: line 5:  4474 Aborted                 (core dumped)
python3 ./launchLeo.py --session-restore --session-save $1 $2 $3

Chris