On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 06:28:15 -0800 (PST)
Josef <joe...@gmx.net> wrote:

> Hi Terry,
>
> sorry it took me a while to get back to you - too much pre-Christmas
> stress.
>
> Yes, a button to toggle the pane would be fine, I should have thought
> of this. The main issue though is the remembering of the settings,
> since there are many variants of CSV files.

Ok, e74e4e2 lets the CSV edit pane remember per node settings.  It will
work best if you don't move from node to node with the pane open, but
instead open and close the pane on a single node using a button.  Here's
code for the button:

from leo.plugins.editpane.csvedit import LEP_CSVEdit
s = c.free_layout.get_top_splitter()
csv = s.findChild(LEP_CSVEdit)
if csv:
    csv.parent().parent().parent().close()