I just followed the stackoverflow link (
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/16748029/how-to-get-source-corresponding-to-a-python-ast-node#)
and someone posted that they created https://github.com/gristlabs/asttokens
which "Annotates Python AST trees with source text and token information".
Is that different from what your code does?