Ok, now I see in your proposed email response in the other thread you do
mention the asttokens project. And also later in #1440 you said "The
asttokens <https://asttokens.readthedocs.io/en/latest/> project assigns
tokens to ast nodes, but only for statement-level ast nodes." That's useful
to know.

One thing I really like about the front page of that project (
https://github.com/gristlabs/asttokens) is the front-and-center example
which shows in a few lines of code how to call the code using concrete
inputs and shows exactly what the outputs are.

I find that very valuable. Examples are usually the first thing I want to
see. Can you have something similar in #1440?