In the theory of operation:

"The notion of a *token order traversal* of a parse tree is the foundation
of this project"

In contrast, what traversal order do parse trees provide? How is token
order different/better? What does it allow me to do that I can't otherwise
do with parse trees?

"This help is essential, because the following two source files generate
identical parse trees!"

This implies to me that with a parse tree you can't do a round trip from
source code, to a parse tree and back to the original source code. Is that
correct? If so is this just one externally visible benefit to your library
or is it the main benefit? If it is the main benefit, then I think it
should be made much more clear earlier in the document like in the Overview
near here:

"These links promise to collapse the complexity of any code that changes
text, including the asttokens <https://pypi.org/project/asttokens/>,
fstringify <https://pypi.org/project/fstringify/>, and black
<https://pypi.org/project/black/> projects."

something like:

"These links allow portions of python source code to be transformed while
leaving the rest untouched. Much of the complexity of the asttokens
<https://pypi.org/project/asttokens/>, fstringify
<https://pypi.org/project/fstringify/>, and black
<https://pypi.org/project/black/> projects comes from not being able to
link between the text and structure of the Python code.  Using the code of
this library can collapse the complexity of these and any projects which
change Python text"