On Wednesday, March 25, 2020 at 4:56:34 PM UTC-4, Edward K. Ream wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 3:27 PM Thomas Passin <tbp1...@gmail.com
> <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> The exact packages that get installed probably doesn't matter. What *does*
> matter is that python gets upgraded to 3.8 whenever I install holoviews,
> and this causes Qt to fail!  I'll investigate further.

How strange.  I wouldn't have noticed, because I started with 3.8 -  and QT
is working when originally installed by 3.8.  I should try it on my Linux
VMs, which have a lower version of Python.  I didn't know that a package
could cause Python itself to get upgraded.  Or is that a Anaconda thing ans
not a pip thing?