You can actually do literate programming - meaning explanatory text mixed
in with code - with VR3, and you can run the resulting program.  You cannot
directly currently export the VR3 tree to a file, but you can have VR3
display and export only the code, which you can then get from the browser
with select/copy.

Well, except that I seem to have recently introduced a bug so that the
code-only view does not show the whole tree but only the current node.
I'll have to fix that.